Austin Voice Data (AVD) is the independant consulting engineering business of Kris Thompson, Professional Engineer (Ontario), CCIE 1226.
Kris provides freelance voice and data network engineering and technology support services to humans looking for a direct and well-crafted approach to technology utilization.
Communications Infrastructure Engineering
Communications Infrastructure Engineering (CIE) is the professional engineering disciple focussed on capability/quality/reliability of critical voice and data communications systems.
AVD Technologies and Methodologies
Technology = what
Methodology = how
Austin Voice Data (AVD) provides direct technical consulting and support for many systems and technologies. Achievement of technology infrastructure goals will often require methodologies (strategic, tactical) to achieve results. These methodologies will typically require parcipation of other people and integrate with other processes and systems. These business objectives and methods may require short term or long term to how issues and tasks are managed. e.g. documenting and organization of interformation, tracking of details on service requests, consistent reporting of incidents, ad-hoc/situational or permanent tools/communications methodology.
These are the areas of core focus by Austin Voice Data.
- Cisco IP Routing and LAN Switching Platforms
- LAN and WAN Infrastructure
- Site and Personal VPN (Intranet-over-Internet)
- Cisco Voice and Collaboration Technologies
- CallManager (aka Cisco Unified Communications Manager)
- Unity and Unity Connection (Voicemail)
- Contact Center Express
- Cisco ASA Firewalls
- Systems Monitoring
- SolarWinds Products
- Knowledge Managemenet
- Structured Knowledge
Austin Voice Data can also provide capable support for your projects across a wide range of products and technologies.
- VMWare ESXi and vCenter
- Windows Servers
- Linux Servers
For these technologies we would want to team with more senior engineering support as needed.
AVD approach to Service Delivery
- Communications Infrastructure Engineering
- Documentation for
- Ispired by ITIL - IT Infrastructure Library
- the best model for IT Service Management
- Tickets for Incident Management and Problem Management
- Knowledge sharing through mentoring and wikis
Operations and Support Focus
- Systems Implementation Standards and Audits
- Systems Monitoring
- Test-Driven Deployments
- Change Plans and Release Plans
- Software Maintenance
Please contact us to discuss the needs of your voice and data network infrastructure.